Monday, February 04, 2008

Down

Today, I received an sms informing me that one of my good friend's mum has passed away. It is weird in a sense that I got to know of this thru a mutual friend, someone she got to know thru my wedding. In a way, married life and motherhood has caused our friendship to drift apart. In some way, when I dun hear from my friends, I naively assume that things are merry and rosy.

It was about a few weeks back that I heard (from mutual friend B) that her mum's pretty sick. And yet, silly me did not ask her if she's ok, how she's coping, etc. I dunno why, but I've always been they type who'll not pry and so-called 'kaypoh' and ask someone personal things like this. I prefer to wait for ppl to come to me and offer the info themselves. But sometimes, I regret moments where I cld have asked but did not. A lesson learnt.

With CNY round the corner, and a theory that Rat Year actually begins today, MIL has advised against me attending the wake. I wish I cld be there for her. All I cld offer now are my condolences and assurance of help whenever she needs it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's also Mr Fox's bday. And tmr's our wedding anniversary. And till now, Mr Fox is still not back from work. And he has informed me that he has to work late tomorrow too and most likely won't be able to celebrate with me. It's going to be a busy month. Am disappointed cos I've been racking my brains thinking where we can finally go spend some quality 'us' time together, but seems like it's going to be tough to arrange.

Am also disappointed cos even though after much shopping (have to steal time here and there), I still can't think of a perfect gift for him.

Urgh.

No comments: