Friday, January 29, 2010

Making space for some "us" time

Approaching my delivery date, we started discussing the possibility of taking a trip during the tail-end of my maternity leave. The discussions always ended with no conclusion, cos I just couldn't make up my mind, not knowing how bb 2 would be like. Would he be much easier to take care of (like what many told me that #2s will be?), or more challenging that Daryl?

Within the 1st month of Damien's arrival, I started thinking abt the trip again. One factor was the sleepless nights and hectic routine of taking care of Damien AND Daryl who was super-gluey and attention-seeking. It was driving me nuts. And I cld sense that Mr Chia was sincere and serious about the trip, since he brought it up for discussion on more than one occasion.

So one day I told myself to stop dilly-dallying, and the only way that I could make myself go on the trip was to book the tics. A short trip (4D max) to a nearby country where we can make use of our free night voucher. BKK came to mind, and the perfect weekend where our wedding ann falls, just before the CNY week. Quite timely, so I can do all my CNY shopping there, since the word 'shopping' right now basically only means 2 things when I'm on ML - "Online shopping" (where i click and click and wait and wait) or "grocery shopping" (trips to NTUC or Giant to stock up on milk powder, diapers, bread, etc).

Now that the trip is happening in a week's time, i either load my mind with thots of what I'm going to do in BKK (shop for CNY clothes, massage, mani/pedi) or worries of how daryl will react when he realises that mummy and daddy are not at home. The worry compounds especially during nights when he cries in his sleep and calls out loudly for mummy to comfort him.

The trip is definitely happening, and all I can do is tell myself that we deserve some couple time, and I'll definitely make it up to the little Ds when I'm back, with lots of family time.

At the same time, I'm already looking out for good deals to plan for another trip during the 2nd half of 2010.

No comments: