Yest, my parents and sis dropped by to visit baby and me after almost 2 weeks since I've delivered. Really happy to see them, and was trying to hold back my tears as my mum asked how I was coping and advising me on the remedies to curb baby fox's jaundice. She cld sense that I wasn't sleeping well, and was concerned at the state of my dark eye rings.
Being the typical me, I put on a brave front and casually remarked that of cos my dark eye rings are back to haunt me, since I haven't been able to sleep much the past 2 weeks.
The 2 hrs they spent here gave great comfort, and made me realise how much i miss them. Even my bro, who did not come visit, sent me a rather touching sms asking me to take care and drink essence of chicken if I dun get enough sleep. He asked if I miss home, and ended off our sms exchange with a "we miss you at home too". So touching. ever since i got married and had baby daryl, our relationship seemed to have turned for the better. Hard to imagine that we had a 2-yr long cold battle about 5-6 years back where we did not speak to each other at all.
Mr Fox is very concerned and scared that I'd get post-natal depression, and he kept asking if i'm ok and reminding me to talk to him about any and everything and not keep things to myself. However, everytime he asks me if everything is ok, I have no answer. I must admit that motherhood overwhelmed me, and I need time to adjust to this new role. But i also keep telling myself that this is all normal, all mothers went through the same phases and I'm sure and determined to get through it. I will think positive and try all my might to make things ok for baby and hopefully, like what Amber's sis said, in a few months' time, I may look back and miss these moments...
It's Monday, and Mr Fox will only be back on Thur...
In the meantime, I will survive..............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment