Ok, back to the topic: Shopping!!
After lunch at serangoon central with mr fox's mum and aunts, we headed to our first stop: Price Club at Tannery Lane, where there's a G2000/U2 warehouse sale going on (we subsequently found out that G2000 sale is happening island wide!! Men's shirts at only $23, pants at $25!!). After carrying baby fox for 5 mins, i decided that i sld utilise my sling, so that 1) my arms wun ache, 2) my hands are free to dig thru the piles of clothes! Ok, the sling attempt started off a bit wonky, with mr fox questioning my skills, making me feel flustered. But eventually, baby fox seemed settled (okok, I cheated a bit with the help of the pacifier). The impt thing is, shopping round 1 was a success! Managed to complete our shopping without baby fox wailing (sidenote: Last sun, we had a baby fox wailing episode at Hougang Green NTUC. Yes, we barely stepped into the hypermart for 5 mins and he started crying non-stop, attracting stares from everyone around us. mr fox had to prepare milk right in the middle of the aisle, with me avoiding the stares from the strangers who were pretty amused by this pair of inexperienced parents).
Ok, back to shopping.
From Tannery Lane, we headed to United Square as I had a defected bag to be replaced there. However, the travel time there coincided with baby fox's feeding time, and I had to prepare milk in the car! Definitely a challenge, but still, eventually, baby fox got his milk, and finished it just as we reached United Square. It was my first time there and I realised that the place was practically a mall for kids! Toys 'R' Us, Guess Kids, Fox Baby & Kids, Mums & Babes, etc etc etc. Definitely a place to check out when I need to buy more stuff for baby fox when he's older. Window-shopped for an hr there before we decided to head to our last stop: Harvey Norman.
Ok, the last stop was purely to satisfy my impulse to get a new gadget. Saw the ads in the papers today and I cldn't resisit! So off to Suntec we went, to check out if the item I wanted was still avail. Now, I think it was meant to be that I buy this, cos last week, mr fox's cousin just bot the same item and I had a chance to fiddle with it, and this week, i realised that Harvey was selling it at $100 cheaper than the advertised price last week! When I hear that there were only 2 sets left, I told the salesman "I'll take it" within 5 mins of his demonstration. Din even ask for details about the freebies! haha. This is my latest toy!!!
Apparently there's a price drop cos its new brother T100 is out, but hey, i dun need something so mighty powerful. 7.2 megapix will do! haha! now eagerly charging the battery so that I can play with the camera tmr. hehe.
After my quick purchase at Harvey, we headed to Carrefour, the place where we never manage to leave without any purchase. With a close watch on the time as it was approaching baby fox's feeding time soon, we grabbed misc items and left the supermarket $50 poorer, and made it in time to our car just as baby fox started wailing for his milk. I'm becoming quite an expert at preparing milk in the car!
That's all for now, baby fox's awake!



1 comment:
Congrats on that! :) Jia you mother fox!
- Nami
Post a Comment