False measles
That's what baby fox is down with. At least now we know the prob and that although the rashes/red spots will not subside until 4-5days later, he's going to be well and the dreadful fever won't be back. Did a quick google and found out a bit more abt this false measles, aka "keh piak" in Hokkien or Roseolar Infantum:
Roseola (also known as sixth disease, exanthem subitum, and roseola infantum) is a viral illness in young children, most commonly affecting those between the ages of 6 months and 2 years. It is typically marked by several days of high fever followed by a distinctive rash just as the fever breaks. (Click here for more info)
False alarm
On my way to the PD, my hp rang. It was Aw. Initially when he asked if it's convenient to talk, I said no cos I was carrying daryl who was fidgeting non-stop. But he said it was urgent and needed to get my buddy yibs home tel no. We hung up after I told him I'll sms him the no., and before I cld do so, another mutual fren called asking the same thing. That's when I asked why everyone was frantically looking for him. Turns out that yibs is in Sze Chuan!! My heart sank, recalling the bits of info my parents-in-law shared with me, and what little i heard from the TV news while I was taking care of daryl. earthquake, death toll, 7.8. Immediately I tried calling his place, his sis, but cld reach no one. Just as I was about to wonder what worse things can hit me, Aw called me back and brought me the good news that he managed to speak to yibs and reported that he was safe. Nothing beats hearing from yibs himself, so when I got an sms reply from him, i heaved a sigh of relief. That brought me to realise that I've not met up with this dear fren of mine for ages. I din even know he's away in China. I din know what's happening in his life. It's time to meet up, definitely.
Ok, it's approaching midnight. My zombie mode has reached advanced/master level. I've survived on less that 15hrs sleep for the past 3 nights. Pls pray that tonight will be an easy one. With daryl feeling unwell, how am I supposed to leave for BKK in 2 days' time? urgh.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment