Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The List

I can't really pretend that I'm not bothered by the list. The fact that my name is not there is a huge reminder that I've fallen behind my peers. The 3 months' absence and 9 months' of being a "2-in-1" carried a price.

Knowing the sacrifices and compromises I have to make killed a lot of my drive. I'm still rationalising my thoughts. Am still convincing myself that I can still prove my worth. Am still convincing myself that being a Mrs and a mum comes with rewards that far surpasses what I can get from work.

BUT it's hard to ignore the constant reminders that I've fallen behind. How much drive and energy do I have to make up for the time lost and catch up with them?

5 comments:

Vic Tan said...

There is a quota to everything, so don't be disheartened. I know they value you and you are capable.

Give them another chance. Let the next ranking tell you the answer? :)

shannz said...

Tks Vic. Am a little disheartened, but can't say I don't enjoy my work and of cos colleagues anymore. Just a down moment. Will try to stay true to my mantra which is: STAY POSITIVE!

kelvin said...

Hey partner, let me just say that I seriously admire and look up to you for holding on to a full-time job, being a wife and a mother all at the same time. I don't know if I could do it as well as you (well, we'll never know with regard to the "wife" and "mother" part unless I go for some drastic operation).

Anyway, I believe that you now have the opportunity to be recognised, with the upcoming major projects that you're handling, and I am going to support you to the very best of my effort. Team effort!

Don't be disheartened.

Vic Tan said...

Yeah. I am facing my teething period as well. Hopefully I can pull through. :)

shannz said...

Thanks for all ur comments!

Will definitely give my best to all my roles as an employee, wife and mum.

大家加油!!