Tuesday, February 03, 2009

25 random things about Lishan (as posted on my Facebook)

25 random things about Lishan:

1. I love hunting for good deals, be it online or offline.

2. I'm a full-time working mum, and think i'm doing a fairly good job juggling roles as a wife, mum, employee and being myself.

3. I'm a North-East immigrant with roots in the west.

4. I love reading through forums for the wealth of knowledge being shared, from parenting to traveling to best shopping deals.

5. I am a fan of Jodi Picoult, and hope to have the full collection of her books one day.

6. I used to bluff people that my elder brother by 2 years was my twin, since he extended his primary school education by two years, and we became on par entering secondary school life together.

7. The one thing I miss most these days is hanging out with my friends. Being a NE immigrant means no more spontaneous supper trips for prata or satay bee hoon.

8. Back during the secondary school days, I used to have guys coming up to me saying, "Give me 2 years, and I'll be taller than you!"

9. I'm the tallest in the family.

10. I hate my humongous feet, and wish they can be shrunk through plastic surgery.

11. I used to be a volleyball player, and miss the crazy times with the v-girls from BPGHS. 12. I tore both my knee ligaments, the first due to a long jump during PE lesson, and the second due to volleyball.

13. I'm advised against playing contact sports, or any activities that requires sudden change in direction/ movements.

14. I hope to learn diving one day.

15. I look up to FTWMs who can have a successful career and blissful family as my role models.

16. I'm glad to be working with fellow branch-mates who are understanding, motivating, and more than just colleagues.

17. My hubby shares the same name as Geri's. We're both Mrs Chias!

18. I think motherhood is a neverending worrying job. My latest worry: his speech development.

19. I'm starting to think of planning for no. 2. (Don't ask me when!)

20. I can't wait to have my own roof under my head. Compassvale Beacon, here I come!

21. I have not attempted parallel parking ever since I got my licence.

22. I thank my hubby for beiing patient with me when I'm in my impatient mode.

23. I'm thankful for things that happened to make me who I am now.

24. I had cold war with my elder bro for more than 2 years during my uni days, and I'm glad our relationship is much much better now.

25. I will learn to be a better friend, sister, daughter, wife, mummy. A better Lishan.

No comments: