For the past week, ever since we received news that camera handphones are also banned in our office premises too, I have been hunting high and low for a decent non-cam hp that'd satisfy the techie in me.
Together with Kel, Char and Cat, we went to the Ah Beng shops and asked to view at the non-cam hps they stock. We ended up empty-handed after each trip.
My research online churns up 2 extreme sets of results: super low-end non-cam hps or high-end business hps. I was super tempted by the business phones, esp after Vic let me play ard with his new Nokia E61, and catching sight of the nice-looking SE M600i. But alas, their pricey tags and the fact that I do not want to spend more $$$ each mth to subscribe to a 3G data plan made me decide that for the time being, business phones are out. After all, I am not a mobile businesswoman, and I certainly don't foresee the need for me to constantly do my work using the office apps in the hp.
Ok, that explains why I chose to focus on the low-end hp range. Frankly speaking, the range is pathetic. I forced myself to realign my expectations and shortlisted a few models. The research online only made me sadder. All the hps are similar. It doesn't matter which one I get, it seems. It's merely going to be a functional phone. Make calls, sms. Nothing fanciful.
After all that hunting and checking out the ah beng stores, both Kel and I decided to just get a phone at the roadshow at our office today. For me, it's just to put an end to my misery. To just get it over and done with. And so, now I find myself with a new toy, and $110 poorer.
After playing with the new toy for 15 mins, I decided that it certainly wun last me long. The limited functions left me feeling frustrated. I hate the feeling of going back in time. I just bought a hp that would be considered hip maybe, 5 years ago.
So, this is just going to be a temporary measure. I hope the manufacturers realise that there's a huge grp of people like me who're on the hunt for good, non-cam hps. Once I find what I'm looking for, you can have my hp, mr fox. hehe.
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I don't really like mine too! Must figure out the GPRS settings so that can at least zhng it a little bit.
I've figured out mine! Zhng zhng zhng!
Next decision to make: whether to sell off my nokia 7610.... sob
Post a Comment