Undeniably, 2007 was an eventful year for me. The turning points of my life. The year which I could perhaps look back 20 yrs from now and say, "Yes, it all happened in 2007." Things did not certainly happen the way we planned, but that wasn't so bad after all.
Becoming Mrs Chia. To have someone I know I can turn to for support, for help, for comfort, for love, that's something I'm glad I found. Sure, there were definitely times of frustration. Times of misunderstanding. Times of miscommunication. But there were times of laughter. Times of bliss. Times of love. And I definitely hope that the latter will grow with the many years to come for us as Mr and Mrs Chia.
Becoming Mrs Chia without our own little love nest was a challenge for me. It didn't help with the stories I heard about staying with ILs, the 'helpful' tips people tried to offer me, the part of me that takes a looooooooong time to warm up to people ard me and truly be comfortable with them. Well, things aren't that bad. At least, it did not turn into a typical story of rivalry between me and MIL. But of course, in barely a yr, you can't expect a rosy picture either. I would say we have a pleasant relationship. A polite one. But do I feel comfortable enough to have that friendly banter that I usually have with my mum? Not yet. I still prefer Mr Chia to call home to check if she wants to have dinner with us. Perhaps he doesn't really understand why. To him, it's just a phone call. But between someone who's been calling her 'Ah Ma' for 28 yrs and someone who's just started addressing her as 'Ah Ma' for a yr, there's a difference. Especially when I'm not the type to whip out my phone and call. I hardly even call home to chit chat. I hardly call my friends to do some catching up. SMS, yes. Calling people, that's an art that I'm still learning. At work, at home, with friends. Keep a lookout for that call from me yah.
Becoming Mama. Two years back, I'd definitely not see myself becoming a mum at the age of 26. Well, all I can say now is that you can never see yourself or imagine yourself as a mum until you are actually one. It is an amazing feeling. We brought this cute innocent life to this world. Who are we to teach him the ropes of survival in this harsh world, when we are barely figuring it out? It's definitely scary. How do I know I'm doing the right thing? How do I balance the ways of the new and traditional? Should I have been more persistent in how things should be done? Which teaching method should I adopt? What kind of mother am I going to be? I think being a mother is the most difficult job in the world. It makes me appreciate my mum (and all mothers) a lot more. In a way, my mum has done a great job. All 3 of us have grown up, healthy and strong, not led astray, earning his/her own living. The fact that my parents managed to do it, motivates me that I can do the same, if not better. However tough and challenging, the rewards are definitely worth it. Watching Daryl grow day by day, inch by inch, learning to express emotions, learning to grasp things with his own hands, learning to pick out my face from the crowd around him....Priceless. Baby no. 2? Not so soon lah.
With these 2 major milestones happening in 2007, i think i could not have cruised through it all without the support and care of my hubby, my family, my friends, and my colleagues. Thinking back, I think I'm really blessed. To love and be loved.
Well, goodbye 2007. It has been a great year. I've grown a lot and learnt a lot.
Hello 2008. Hopefully, it will be a good, if not better year. Please let us get our own flat, strike a bit of 4D/Toto, get lotsa pay increment, bonuses, and most importantly, let us all be strong, healthy, and happy.
Happy New Year!!!
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment