Sunday, August 06, 2006

2 nights of singing, 1 nasty puddle of...


Puke.

I stared at the remnants of my dinner, churned out from my tummy 5 hours after I consumed them at the Hong Kong Restaurant, now left along a certain stretch of Serangoon Gardens, to end the crazy night of KTV and games.

2 nights of KTV, with 2 different groups of people in my life.

On Friday night, 80% of PSD gathered at Room27 of Kbox at Suntec City after work, for our very 1st session of KTV (well, at least my first with them).

We made ourselves comfortable in the big room and as expected, the remote control suddenly seemed sacred and no one dared to make the first move, to choose the 1st song and start the night rolling.

But of course, it did not take long before Cat 'volunteered' and began the 1st song of the night (and subsequently went on to prove that she's indeed queen of KTV, what with her familiarity of navigating the confusing song menus and the many many songs she could croon with ease, oh, did i mention the "In Love With You" that she's trying to perfect? hehe),

Anyway, it soon became a session full of laughter and crazy antics, from Kelvin's feeble attempts to sing, to Charlene's efforts at trying to decipher the weird looking chinese characters on the screen.

And, it was certainly fun to discover so many singing gems among us! We all fell into silence when Charlene started singing "Me & Mrs. Jones", she's really good!! I think she's the first friend I ever had who can do jazz so well. JT, my branch head, also wowed us off with her singing. Her experience of singing in church choirs is no play play can! Really gotta give her the thumbs up!

It was certainly nice that we can get together after work and let our hair down. Vic, thanks for organising it! (And yes, do let us know how much the damages were.)

Will share pics once Vic and Kel uploads them.

(updated: 7 Aug 06. Pics from Vic)

the 4 belles of the night (from left:Catherine,Charlene, me & JT). Missing from the pict:Violet (out answering a phone call) and Serene (left early for Zouk).

This is indeed a rare moment. JT striking the Jap kawaii pose with me! (a few hrs after she claimed that she will never do that! haha! Feel so honoured!)

Me and Vic, aka Victor the Bitcher, striking the same kawaii pose.
(that's the default pose for the night, hehe).


ok, now to the night of KTV again, which ended totally differently.

mr fox's big family (i.e. his many aunts and uncles and cousins etc) likes to gather occasionally, especially when it's someone's birthday or to celebrate some special occasion.

So last night, to celebrate one of the uncles' birthday and also the return of Mabel the cousin from her Australia studies, we had dinner at Hong Kong Street Restaurant before retreating to one of the KTV pubs along Serangoon Gardens.

All I can say is, you just need to start the beer flowing and this whole family gets crazy.

At my table, we started playing dice and some card games we invented, which involve the penalty of drinking each time you lose. And of course, it just ain't my night. I lost count of the number of times I have to reach for the beer mug. But I do remember how the whole group would sing together when one of the family 'theme songs' were playing; how some crazy cousins like Roger and Mabel started doing the bootylicious dance moves when the song "Don't Cha" came up. And I do remember that was about the time when I started feeling the effect of the endless boozing I put myself through.

mr fox soon realised that I could no longer walk in a straight line and actually could not believe it initially. Guess he didn't realise how much I drank when he was busy crooning while I continued playing the card games with his cousins, haha. Anyway, I decided to go out for some fresh air, and if need to, puke in some privacy (haha!). As I leaned against the pillar, I can feel it coming.

I crouch forward and yucks, the awful puke came right out of my mouth, just as the whole group came out of the KTV pub. Wonderful, everyone saw the pathetic sight of me puking in a corner. I vaguely remember a few of them saying "Yah yah she drank a lot", and mr fox exclaiming "So smelly!".

But thankfully, the puking ended there and then, and 20 mins later, I hit the bed and was completely knocked out.

K.O.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still lose to me. I puke in MRT leh. Following which my good friends hung a plastic bag around my neck from Pasir Ris to Jurong East. *smirk*

kelvin said...

was my singing that bad? haha :)

That's the TRUE reason why I don't go karaoke. It was damn fun though.