Monday, August 28, 2006

Eat Healthy Week

After all that pigging out for the past few weeks, I decided to pronounce this week the "Eat Healthy Week", and together with Vic & darkholme, we have declared that for lunch, we will not eat anything but:

1. Fish soup with bee hoon
2. Yong Tao Foo with bee hoon (no fried stuff!)
3. Mixed vegetables with rice (key word: vegetables. Rice: minimal.)

On top of that, we are to do more healthy activities (besides badminton on wednesdays).

Ok, so it's now almost the end of the first day of our 'campaign', and here's my progress report:

7am: 1 cup of Nescafe 3-in-1 (is coffee considered healthy? All I know is I can't do without my morning dose.)

8.45am: 1 cup of Horlicks, 1 pack of oatmeal cookies for breakfast

12.30pm: Yong Tao Foo beehoon soup (no fried stuff), 1 slice of dragon fruit, 1 slice of papaya and 1 banana.

5.30pm: 1 pack of Jacob's vegetable crackers

7.30pm: Swam 17 laps.

9pm: Dinner at HV- Seafood crispy noodle, satay & 蚝煎

11pm: 2 slices of rock melon

Verdict: Moderate pass. (minus pts for the satay & 蚝煎).

Besides launching the 'Eat Healthy Week', today also marks the official launch of our Nexus LIFE Badminton Club, which now consists of 8 members, and 1 honorary member (JT). We set up a badminton fund for the rental of courts every wed and for the purchase of shuttlecock (anyone has lobang for cheap and good ones?). It's an exclusive membership, by invitation only, and I certainly hope that the club will survive. Looking forward to our badminton session this wed. By the way, our club rule #1 is: Thou shalt not have fast food for dinner after LIFE activity! (we had BK after playing badminton last week.)

Ok, i think that's all for today. Feeling tired after the swimming (though I did not hit my target of 20 laps, cos I'm learning how to be patient when doing the breaststroke and pace myself so that I can do laps continuously).

I wanted to end this entry with this pic of the dish I prepared myself for Sunday's dinner with my family (the last meal before 'Eat Healthy Week'), but there's something wrong with blogger.com, takes forever to upload 2 pics. So I shall upload them another time. By the way, the dish is called Prawn Fritters with corn, recipe taken from TODAY. hehe.

nitez!

Update: Here're the pics!


1 comment:

shannz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.