Finally, the farewell dinner that made me and a few colleagues almost go crazy was over. It turned out to be a great party for our DS(P), a cosy affair where there was laughter, and a few tears shed. I guess we all felt that the hard work was worth it when we saw how she thoroughly enjoyed herself, catching with old friends, recounting memories, and moved by the tribute items we all presented.
Though amateurish, I was glad that our video pulled through. It couldn't have materialised without the help of many, esp darkholme, vic, geri and yes, Judith.
Well, the farewell dinner was over last night, but it's not the end of my misery. The flu bug did not spare me and I joined the gang of sniffs and coughs in the office. I find myself having to stop for air in the midst of a conversation. I can't do without strepsils. And I have tonnes of work to clear, work that have piled up ever since I started working on the tribute video. And I'm now also taking over as the secretary for the fortnightly staff meeting. I survived my first this morning, well, sort of, as I am now pulling my hair out over the minutes. So many things to do, so little time.
I just hope I'll get well in time for the sleepover at Downtown East this weekend. Fingers crossed.
ok, enough of my rambling (don't even know if I'm making sense). It's time to hit the bed and get my much-needed rest.
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I can honestly say that the video was very very very very much the amazing effort of one person - you!
From the concept, to filming, to editing - you really managed to pull the entire thing through. Kudos.
Hope that you get well soon! If you need to take the Friday on MC, I'll go to Bendemeer for you!
Thank you very much partner. I may have to back down from my refusal to go to the doc if this persists. Urgh.
Post a Comment