Back to the Future, that's the theme we set for our workplan seminar which was held today.
Really glad that it all went well, that almost everyone was sporting enough to come dressed according to the theme. It was certainly fun doing some last minute shopping last night at West Mall with my branch at This Fashion. You won't believe what we came dressed in! Think mr fox will be super amused by my dressing. haha. Will upload the photos to share once I get hold of them.
Anyway, this time round, I was once again in charge of planning the energiser items to keep everyone's energy level up and not fall asleep during the heavy workplan sharing and discussions. As I was planning the games, I was actually quite worried that my colleagues wun be 'on' enough to play the games, and they'd all turn out to be a failure. But my worries were definitely unfound! Really glad to see everyone, from the Director to the chief clerk happily playing the simple games, and sharing some laughter. I think it's good to get everyone out of the office and come together for some serious discussion and some fun at the same time.
Speaking of which, in about 3 months' time, we will all be shifting under one roof. After hearing all about the different working cultures between the 2 depts, I think it'll certainly be interesting to see how we all work together in future. Like what our Dir said, while there'd be greater chances to mingle and collaborate in terms of work, there'd also be more occasions where conflict occurs. It's something inevitable, and I guess it'll take a bit of tolerance, and a bit of consideration to make the office a better working place.
Nevertheless, I'm certainly looking forward the day my branch finally comes together under 1 roof. We have a challenging year ahead, which i believe the team we've formed will be able to handle well. More imptly, they've been very supportive and understanding all this while, and I certainly appreciate the little ways they've tried to make things easier for me. This applies to the COT too (you know who you are).
Now that there's only about 9 days to go before my big day, my panic mode is about to go to red alert status. So pls bear with me if I go abit haywire during work yah. haha.
Friday, January 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment