"You may go into labour anytime after 2 weeks from now."
Even though i've always known that it's common to give birth at around week 37, these words still caught me by surprise. I certainly wasn't expecting to hear that while I was trying to make out the shape of baby fox on the scan machine.
Well. it's my gynae's intention to prepare us that labour can happen anytime after week 37, but those words certainly put us in a momentary panic, taking them to mean that I will definitely give birth earlier than my due date. Hence, there's a little sigh of relief when he further elaborated that i may give birth anytime after 2 weeks from now (ie from 20 june onwards), and it's anyone's guess when it'll be (cld even be 1 week past my due date, which if you don't know by now, is 13 Jul).
Whatever it is, my hospital bag is 85% packed, I am preparing my handover work, the applicatiom form for maternity leave is on my table (though I intend to work till I pop, and that's what the gynae advised too - to carry on working unless there's distress), mr fox's number is on my whiteboard, blah blah blah... Exciting isn't it!
Ok, i shall end this with some pics I just took of the scan photos of baby fox for the past few mths.. it's an amazing journey:
Thursday, June 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You must tell me when you're popping ok? I'll visit you! And the baby of course.
Post a Comment