Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Making Of

Last week, I decided to take leave on Fri and enjoy my looooong weekend, and was hoping that mr fox can take time off work and celebrate my bday with me. But alas, things never go the way you wish and mr fox not only couldn't take time off, he could not even say for certain what time he can knock off from work.

Hence, I spent the whole day at home, being part of "The Making Of the Bean Sprout Pillow".

And it all began with MIL coming back home with a big bag of bean sprout husks she got from the market:

yup, the bean sprouts filled almost half a rice sack.

A peek inside.

the long and tedious work begins (no wonder these pillows cost quite a bit off the shelf!)

This is what I got, after 3 hrs of separating the sprouts from the husk. And this is like 1% of the whole lot. Really thankful to my MIL for taking over the task and she's actually still at it at this very moment, 6 days after she brought the big bag home.

No comments: