Saturday, July 22, 2006

The girls in my life...

I'd like to think of myself as one who cherishes her friends, need her friends, and will always be there for her friends. I've blogged quite a bit about my guy buddy yibs, so much so that my gal buddy is asking "eh, how come u never blog about me one?".

So, i'd like to give credit to my 2 gal buddies ah ber and yue. Let's start with the one i knew since Pri. 4.

That's yue. We were in the same class in Pri4-6, same sec school (BPGHS), same JC (NJC), same volleyball team, and finally, we 'parted' our ways when she went on to NUS while I did my studies in NTU. That's the little background info about us. So that means that...we've known each other for a good 15 years (*jaw drop).

I'd say that although I do not meet up as often with yue to have coffee and do catching up, she is one friend that I know I can go to if i have any problems, and she's been there for me when i needed support the most. I know that she'll safeguard my darkest secrets, give me advice when i seek for them, but not judge me by my actions or decisions. You know how u can have friends who'd somehow drift away if you don't meet up often enough and when u finally do meet up, it feels kind of awkward cos you don't know what to talk about? This never happens with yue. We share a long history together. We can always find something to talk/ bitch about.

I've always like how yue is a go-getter, not in the aggressive sense, but one who knows what she wants and is not afraid to go for it. Well, you can easily tell from how she shops. Haha. And of course, I've always admired how she'd go all out for her loved ones. I love how close knit her family is, and how she's fighting so hard and trying so hard to maintain a long r/s with nok. yue is definitely a wonderful gal who deserves the best, and I truly hope that distance will not pose as a problem for her and the guy whom she seems so happy with.
(Hey yue, if u're reading this, time for a coffee soon?)

Ok, next up. ah ber.

ah ber's been my best friend since sec school days. we've been through crazy times together; the pic above was taken during our X'mas celebration in Sentosa 3 yrs ago, after both of us got thrown into the sea by yibs and gang.

We've been through each other's ups and downs. We're like each other's sounding board, for advice, for opinions, from what kind of makeup to buy to boyfriend issues to career moves. We can be frank with each other without the fear on stepping on the toes.

Back when we were still young and carefree students, we'd hang out in cafes, playgrounds, and have sleepovers where we'd just sit and talk about everything over the sun, the moon and the stars. We shared our ideals, daydreamed about our future, did our far share of boy-talk, took our 1st puff of cig, got drunk on the beach, etc etc etc.

Now that we've both stepped in adulthood, have our own jobs and bfs, those sessions where we hang out for hours together have become part of our 'those were the days' memories. No longer can we afford the luxury of sitting in cafes for hours. No matter how small our little red dot is, distance is a problem when u want to meet up after work. Unlike yibs/yue who stays so near me, ah ber stays in ulu woodlands so it's kind of problematic whenever we wanna arrange for a location to meet. Hence, much of our sharing sessions have been shifted online (thank goodness for msn).

I'm glad that we're going for a trip together soon. 5 days in bangkok. Time to do some major catching up, and rekindle the good old days of our shopping trips! haha.

ok, i'd love to share more about the 2 gals in my life, whom i treasure deeply and will always be grateful for, but I'm truly tired after my RHD event at Innova JC* today (will share pics after darkholme uploads them). So looking forward to my trip to BKK on Thu....

PS: i do treasure my other friends too, who have been there for me too (thanks!), but these 2 are special, if you know what i mean. I LOVE ALL MY FRIENDS!

*Update: Pics are up! Check them out at
darkholme's entry: Racial Harmony Day - Innova JC (Photos)

3 comments:

Notamamashop Owner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Notamamashop Owner said...

OMG! Scandalous leh. For the record, I am not a nicotine addict!

shannz said...

yeah yeah, for the record, we aint no nicotine addict. Clean liao clean liao!